We had our busiest evening yet, with 23 people turning up to hear Dave Gurnell and Richard Dallaway from Underscore talk about functional programming with Scala.
Dave and Richard made a sample app that they wrote in Java and Scala for comparison
purposes but didn’t end up using in the talk. You can check it out from Github.
- Scala for the Impatient: [amazon asin=B0092J0FKA&template=thumbnail&chan=default] Chapters are also available online.
- The Eclipse plugin (or Eclipse with Scala baked in)
- Functional Brighton meetup:
- There was a question about web frameworks, Richard has written a book on lift: [amazon asin=1449362680&template=thumbnail&chan=default]
- Roadmap (release dates) for Scala. The current version is Scala 2.10.2
- The Guardian on How We (Mostly) Moved from Java to Scala